Dear Members, January 24, 2018
After two exciting years as Executive Director of MTC I will be stepping away from this role in the organization to pursue other professional opportunities. As my contract term concludes at the month’s end, the board and I determined that the organization should go in new direction and seek a more comprehensive association management contract. I am so proud and honored to have been a part of the transition that grew MTC to this point where they are ready to move the next phase in the organization’s evolution. The newly restructured membership is growing by leaps and bounds. The Board of Directors is fully engaged and grew by 5 new members this year. The organization is sound financially and has grown in staff by 2 additional contractors since 2016. We have made countless new alliances and raised the profile of Maryland’s tourism industry immeasurably. MTC is truly positioned for success. Under my leadership, together we have achieved:
- A 21.3% Increase in membership. 34 new members since February of 2016
- Developed and implemented new rate structure for membership including annual sponsorships and bundle packages.
- Implemented new member benefits including member listings, member to member benefits, monthly member newsletter.
- Formed and strengthened alliances with other associations such as MDMO, BTA, RAM, OCHRA, Visit Baltimore, Brewery Association of MD, Winery Association of MD, MEDA, GBC.
- Successfully managed the MD Tourism & Travel Summit 2016 & 2017 (& 2015) meeting attendance and revenue goals both years.
- Successfully led advocacy efforts to push the school start date to Post Labor Day.
- Provided effective testimony in front of the legislature and made other presentations to key groups on behalf of the tourism industry and MTC.
- Coordinated a Tourism Town Hall with distinguished legislative panel during MTTS in 2016 & 2017.
- Successfully managed Tourism Day in Annapolis- attracting record attendance including Governor Hogan
- Created Summer Soiree a new annual advocacy event for MTC in conjunction with the MACO convention.
- Upgraded MTC’s website to include membership listings, and government affairs page with advocacy tool kit, and mobile access.
- Professionalized MTC’s e-mail communications with design templates.
- Raised social media profile of MTC by nearly doubling the amount of LIKES to 982.
- Implemented WEBLINK association management software for improved member services.
Being a part of MTC whether as a member, volunteer, or staff has been my honor over the past 24 years. For this reason, MTC will always be a part of me and I will always be an advocate for the organization and Maryland’s tourism industry. I look forward to seeing the new heights MTC will reach and wish you every success.