Request for Proposals
Maryland Tourism Coalition
38th Annual Maryland Tourism & Travel Summit – 2018
The Maryland Tourism & Travel Summit (MTTS) is Maryland’s premier tourism industry conference providing educational and networking opportunities for tourism professionals from Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic. Attendees participate in seminars, hear from nationally prominent speakers, and interact at informal social functions with industry and political leaders. Approximately 250 people attend this event.
Maryland Tourism Coalition (MTC) coordinates MTTS, in cooperation with the Maryland Office of Tourism Development, and industry sponsors. The property selected will have a unique opportunity to showcase itself to the tourism industry and state political leaders.
MTTS will be held between late October and mid November 2018 (excluding holidays – with a pattern of either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Wednesday, Thursday, Friday), depending on availability of the site. The selection will be made by a committee who will evaluate the proposals based on:
Meeting criteria and space requirements;
Commitment to providing additional benefits and value, as per proposal;
The general image, reputation, and quality of property;
Including a message from the site’s Destination Marketing Organization which supports the bid;
Providing a group rate for attendee rooms;
Willingness to become an MTC member if not already a member;
The following spaces are required for the host site (room fees to be waived):
1) One room capable of seating 250 at round tables for lunch and dinner; Adequate provisions for podium and stage, sound system, AV, and computer equipment; This space will be utilized for general sessions as well and must be committed exclusively to MTC for the duration of the summit.
2) If significant “change over” time is needed for the room above, then a second room for sessions may be needed.
3) An area capable of holding 40 six foot tables for displays, with space for refreshment breaks, continental breakfast, and a cocktail reception prior to the awards banquet. This area will be utilized throughout the Summit for registration, hospitality, reception, and trade show; Close proximity to sessions preferred. Exhibit tables should be draped or skirted at no cost to the summit. Prefer access to the registration and trade show space the day prior to the start of MTTS for organizing purposes.
4) Room(s) for the Post Banquet party; One area large enough for music, a bar, and dancing; Within close proximity to a more quiet space or hallway for dessert, coffee, and networking.
5) Space for a hospitality area for press, first time attendees, and computer equipment. Ability to lock this room is preferred.
6) Access to the registration and trade show space the day prior to the start of MTTS for organizing purposes.
It is anticipated that between 80 and 150 sleeping rooms could be utilized for two nights. Proposal should include a special group rate for MTTS which will remain available until the week prior to the event, depending on room availability.
Proposal should indicate:
Location of Summit session rooms
Location of room blocks
Minimum and maximum room blocks available
Complimentary room policy
Availability of a suite for complimentary use by VIPs
Parking fee – if applicable
Audio / Visual:
AV is used throughout the summit. Please indicate the equipment available on site, and what equipment is available for use at no charge. This should include the cost of engineering, set up, and A/V personnel during events. If A/V is not available on site, the name and price list from a recommended vendor is requested with the RFP. Discounted A/V fees will be considered in selection process. There is an A/V Sub Committee to assist with some tasks.
The following meals will be provided at the Summit. Proposals should include sample menus with costs, liquor prices, bartender fees, and service charges. Please also indicate whether it’s acceptable to have wine donated, and if so, what the corkage fee is.
Day 1 Day – Registration and Lunch – 150 – 200
Day 1 Evening Welcome Reception (this event is generally off site)
Day 2 Morning Continental Breakfast – 175 – 250
Day 2 mid-morning Coffee/Tea
Day 2 noon Lunch for 200 – 250
Day 2 afternoon Refreshment Break
Day 2 Evening Cocktail Reception – 250
Day 2 Evening Banquet & Awards – 250
Day 2 Post Banquet Dessert, coffee, and bar – 150 – 200
Day 3 breakfast Breakfast Buffet – 150
Events may be added, changed, or eliminated as the Summit plans proceed
The selected property will host the cocktail and appetizer reception prior to the banquet on the evening of Day 2.
Key hotel personnel will be expected to attend the summit prior to the host year, to become acquainted with the flow and operation of the event. A representative from the facility will serve on the 2018 MTTS planning committee and is expected to attend all meetings. A banquet and catering manager will be exclusively assigned to MTTS during the event. Proposal should indicate hotel personnel to assume these roles.
The hotel will host an MTC and MTTS committee meeting which would be scheduled between July and September. The hotel will also host the Pre-Conference meeting closer to the event.
NEW: The Selected Hotel must commit to 5 year of membership with MTC including the year of hosting the MTTS at the rate of $250.00 per year.
The deadline for proposals is October 12, 2017.
Proposals should be sent to MTC Executive Director, Wini Roche
Email is preferred, but mail is also acceptable.